Haiti Clean Water, Inc is bringing BioSand Water Filters to Northern Haiti. The filters are a natural way to provide clean drinking water. We partner with a local church in Haiti. We provide the resources and they implement the project.
Water is Life:
- 1 in 6 Haitian children will not live to see their 5th birthday due to water borne illness. (U.N. Special Envoy to Haiti).
- The filters provide a well-established process of continuous slow sand filtration…thus making it suitable for household-based applications. (World Health Organization).
- Bio-sand filters have been shown to reduce diarrheal disease in efficacy trials.
- There are no administrative costs Stateside.
- Complete donations go for filter purchase, shipment to Haiti, and preparation, installation, and maintenance of the filters.
- Our Haitian partners employ 5 Haitians to prepare the sand and gravel for the filters and install/maintain them. So, we not only provide resources for filters, we also provide resources for employment.
- $150 provides clean water for a family. This includes the purchase, installation and ongoing maintenance of the filter. If you give $13 a month you will provide 1 filter. Any amount helps provide clean water.
Please view the Haiti Clean Water official site for more information HERE.
Any donation amount will be helpful to bring filters to Northern Haiti!
You can donate on our website or send a check to:
Haiti Clean Water, 407 Maplebrooke Ln, Cadillac, MI 49601
Lynn Ross, Ralph Brown, John Joyce, Michael Smith, Woody Wright, Lynne Punnett, Vince Basil
Haiti Clean Water, Inc.