The water team, headed by Lynn Ross, is bringing BioSand Water Filters to Northern Haiti. They are a natural way to bring clean drinking water.
Water is Life:
- 1 in 6 Haitian children will not live to see their 5th birthday due to water borne illness. (U.N. Special Envoy to Haiti).
- The filters provide a well-established process of continuous slow sand filtration…thus making it suitable for household-based applications. (World Health Organization).
- Bio-sand filters have been shown to reduce diarrheal disease in efficacy trials.
- There are no administrative costs Stateside. Complete donations go for filter purchase, shipment to Haiti, and wages for five Haitians. The Haitian technicians prepare the sand and gravel for the filters and install/monitor them.
- $128 provides clean water for a family which is $11 a month for a year. Any amount helps.
Please view the Haiti Clean Water official site for more information HERE.
Any donation amount will be helpful to bring filters to Cap Haitien!